June 30, 2011

Belated Father's Day

This post is way overdue but for good reason:  I've been spending time with this guy...
my dad!

When I said goodbye to my parents at Dulles International Airport last November I never expected to spend Father's Day with my Dad in Sudan but it happened.  There's a lot to say about my Dad and today I'm struggling to put into words what his presence here means to me.  I'm struggling to describe the emotions I felt when I hugged his neck for the first time in more than six months while standing on African soil.  And I'm struggling to contain my tears when I look at these pictures of my father with the kids, my kids, at Harvesters.

"Baba Bill" with Aqui, Semama, and Isaiah


Baba Bill and Acqui

with Isaiah

My gratitude will never be enough but today it's all I have.  Thank you, Dad, thank you.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm crying - blame it on pregnancy hormones... or my love of all things Whitlow. Great to see this post. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

sarahhigdon said...

MARY - I'VE SPENT THE LAST FOUR JONAH NAPS GETTING CAUGHT UP ON YOUR BLOG. I LOVE EVERY SINGLE POST. SO GLAD YOUR DAD WAS THERE WITH YOU! A SEPARATE EMAIL IS FORTHCOMING! MISS YOU!

Kelly said...

Oh awesome! I love that you got to spend it with your Dad. Lauren, I don't think it's just the hormones - I'm crying too! Just so glad you got to see your Dad, what a special, special gift!

Nikki said...

beautiful.

Barad Haddad said...

This is beautiful. Thank you for this.